Friends of Cleveland School of the Arts (FCSA) was established in 1982 to provide and fund arts education opportunities at CSA.
FCSA has raised millions of dollars to support innovative artistic and academic programming for our students. Funds raised have provided program enhancements, and support for exhibits, productions, international tours, and other student events. FCSA also recently completed a matching 1.5 million dollar endowment campaign through the "Talented Students in the Arts Initiative" of the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation and the Surdna Foundation, one of only five schools nationwide to receive that honor.
Today, FCSA works in strategic partnership with many generous local, regional and national contributing funders to raise awareness, advocacy and funding in order to create a Premier Arts School on the John Hay Campus.
Funds raised by FCSA support the following:
- Vocal and Orchestra Directors
- Private lessons
- Scholarships to summer programs
- Scholarships to extracurricular ensembles
- Play productions
- Travel nationally and internationally
- International residency programs
- Technology infrastructure
- Art and academic classroom supplies
- Instrument purchases and repairs
- Costumes, set and stage materials
- Accelerated Reader and Math Programs
- School Psychologist
In 2007, FCSA was honored to receive the prestigious Northern Ohio Live "Award of Achievement" for fundraising. Northern Ohio Live annually recognizes outstanding individuals and organizations who have made a special contribution to the quality of life in the region. FCSA was honored to join fellow award winners The Cleveland Institute of Art, The Cleveland Museum of Art and the legendary, Victor Schrekengost.
FCSA is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization in partnership with the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD). We support the bold vision of a premier 21st century creative, visual and performing arts school of choice in University Circle, Cleveland, Ohio.
In keeping with the CMSD Strategic Plan, FCSA is collaborating with CMSD and the CSA faculty and staff to create a creative, visual and performing arts school of choice in University Circle, Cleveland, Ohio.
Several key components of the new arts school project:
- Achieve an award winning teaching and learning design model
- Utilize state-of-the-art technology and leverage the assets of University Circle
- Build an integrated design equal to or exceeding the top five specialty arts and design public schools in the U.S.